Take the humble hash brown to the next level of loveliness with our delicious, buttery and ever-so inspired hash brown recipe idea.
All you need to do for this loaded helping of luxury is – well – load up the ingredients on your hash browns!
Top them with cheese and bacon, add delicious Anchor butter, bake them in the oven, and you’ve just made the brunch to end all brunches.
It’s that easy. With our help, you’ll be tucking into crispy, creamy heaven in no time at all.
Loaded breakfast hash browns – what will I need?
It’s all about the butter and toppings with this one, as well as the classic base to layer all that flavour on of course!
Be sure to grab:
- 8 pre-made hash browns
- 75g grated red Leicester
- 75g grated mature Cheddar
- 4 rashers of smoked bacon
- 75g of Anchor butter or Anchor spreadable
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Jalapenos (for an optional kick)
How to make hash browns even tastier
Before you get started, whack up the heat on the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6 so it’s nice and toasty for when those hash browns are ready to rock.
Grab an oven dish and spread a third of your Anchor butter across the bottom.
Take your hashys and place them in the dish. Don’t worry if they touch or overlap – this hash brown recipe can work as a stackable medley.
How to cook hash browns – the right way
- Slip them into the oven for 10 minutes so they can bake and soak up the Anchor butter or spreadable.
- When they’re partially cooked and begin to sizzle, shower them in both types of grated cheese. Then, chop up small chunks of bacon and sprinkle atop your cheesy browns.
- Crack on some salt and pepper for added flavour and add an extra dollop of Anchor butter. Then bake for an extra 15 minutes.
- Why not grab yourself a cuppa while you wait for your cheesy hash browns to cook to perfection? Sit back, relax, and breathe in the breakfast aromas.
When they’re ready, take them out of the oven. You don’t even have to plate up if you don’t want to! Simply grab a fork (or a spoon) and tuck in.
If you’re generous enough to share with friends or family, encourage everyone to dig in. This bacon hash brown dish can serve four and is a sure-fire hit with all and sundry.
If you’re brave, sprinkle some chopped jalapenos on top for an added kick – bringing a touch of Mexican fiesta to a British icon.
Our cheesy, buttery bacon hash browns are delectably delicious yet oh-so simple to make.
Place your ingredients in an oven dish, one on top of the other, and wait for them to perfectly bake.