Stuffed mushrooms are super easy, but there are still some tricks and tips to get them bang on! The key trick is getting all your ‘stuffing’ ready in advance. With our delicious cheesy stuffed mushrooms recipe, you only need to gather your ingredients and make your Anchor Cheeky Cajun Butter first, then stuff it all into your mushroom and pop that bad boy on the grill.
What will I need?
- 6 large flat mushrooms, stalk removed
- 150g Anchor Cajun butter (don't worry - this only takes a few mins to make!)
- 200g grated cheddar
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- Big splash of Worcester sauce
- 100g crispy fried onions
- Big pinch salt & pepper
Makes 6 stuffed mushrooms.
How to cook stuffed mushrooms
- Get your BBQ lit and your plates ready to be blessed with buttery mushroom goodness.
- Mix Anchor Cajun butter (see recipe) with cheddar, chilli, and Worcester sauce. Stuff each mushroom, and top with crispy fried onion. Don't forget to give them a cheeky little season!
- Chuck onto the BBQ and cook for 6-8 mins until the cheese is bubbling and oozing. Bish, bash, bosh - that's our kinda nosh!
- Show us your creations on Instagram – it’s @anchor_dairy with #AnchorBBQ !
How long you cook stuffed mushrooms on the BBQ for can vary depending on how you like them! If you like ‘em juicy, aim for around 6 minutes on the grill. If you prefer crispy and well-done, wait until around the 8–10 minute mark to take your stuffed mushrooms off and start snacking.
Anchor Hack Alert - these aren't just for the veggies! Why not use these mushrooms as burger buns for your beef for the ultimate burger twist!
What to eat with stuffed mushrooms
The beauty of stuffed mushrooms is that they can be a delicious, filling side dish OR a main dish. So – ‘what goes with stuffed mushrooms’, you ask? Everything!
If you like your mushrooms as a side, pop them on your plate beside your burgers, sausages or hot dogs (We highly recommend our Fully Loaded Hot Dogs, if you want our totally unbiased opinion).
Or, if you prefer to have them as your main, simply load up the rest of your plate with delicious BBQ sides, such as potato salad or grilled corn on the cob slathered with our Cheeky Cajun Butter.