Treat yourself and the whole house to a royal feast with our cheesy, buttery and thoroughly eggcellent crumpet recipe hack.
Perfect for breakfast, lunch or for the avid snackers out there, it’s quick to make, but delicious enough for any time of the day.
Eggy crumpets – what will I need?
You’ll need just six ingredients – plus a bowl, a whisk and an oven dish – to start feasting on crumpety goodness.
Before you start, make sure you have:
- 6 crumpets
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 100g of Cheddar
- 75g Anchor butter or Anchor spreadable
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make crumpets even tastier – using egg and cheese
- Before you get started, whack the oven up to 200°C/gas mark 6 to get it nice and warm – ready for your eggy cheese crumpets.
- Now for the fun part. Grab an oven dish and add a 75g dollop of creamy, irresistible Anchor butter. Pop the dish into the oven and wait until the dish is filled with pools of buttery goodness.
- While the butter is melting, crack all six of your eggs into a large mixing bowl and gently pour in the milk. Sprinkle in some salt and pepper for seasoning and put your arm muscles to the test with a good old whisk.
- Once the mixture is lovely and frothy, dunk in your crumpets. Thanks to the holes, they will easily absorb the eggy mixture. Using heatproof gloves, take out your oven dish full of warm, buttery liquid and carefully place in your crumpets.
All that’s left to add is some cheese. Grate it up and load on top of each one. Don’t forget another helping of butter either – it adds extra flavour and improves the gooey texture.
Bringing it all together
Slip your mouth-watering cheese crumpets into the oven and bake for about eight minutes. You’ll know they’re ready when the cheese turns a crispy, golden brown.
Now you’re ready for a feast like no other. Breathe in the baked cheese, bow down to the king of all snacks, and crack on with eating your deliciously cheesy, eggy crumpets.
Add a splash of Worcestershire sauce to your crumpets for an extra, tangy kick.
If you’re looking for a hack that takes a humble breakfast favourite to whole new levels of deliciousness, look no further. Our crumpet recipe is simple, but oh so satisfying.
Crumpets, eggs, butter and cheese – what’s not to love? It’s so good, you’ll be sharing this hack with everyone you know.