Is there a more perfect food than cheesy garlic bread? Follow this easy recipe to achieve garlic bread heaven that’s perfect for a BBQ or just sharing with friends.
What will I need?
- 100g Anchor butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large crunchy white loaf, unsliced (bloomer or tiger bread work well)
- Small handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 150g mozzarella slices
- 25g parmesan, grated
Serves 6-8 people
How to make cheesy garlic bread
- Preheat your oven to 200C / 180C fan.
- Heat a saucepan over a low heat and add the butter and minced garlic. Let them gently infuse while you get on with prep (just don’t let it brown too much).
- Slice across the bread but don’t cut all the way through – you want to leave the base intact. Then slice again lengthwise so you get nice chunky pieces to tear off later.
- Once the butter is melted and the garlic is fragrant, turn off the heat and stir in the rosemary and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place your loaf on a large sheet of foil – it needs to be big enough that you can wrap up the whole loaf.
- Using a spoon, scoop up the garlicy butter and spread it evenly between the slices of bread you’ve cut (keep a little butter to brush on top).
- Cut the mozzarella slices in half and place the pieces throughout the bread so every cut has a piece in both directions.
- Brush the rest of the butter over the top of the loaf, then sprinkle with parmesan.
- Loosely wrap up your loaf in the foil, then pop in the oven on a baking tray for 15 minutes.
- After the first 15 minutes, take it out of the oven and tear off the foil from the top of the bread, then pop it back in for another 10 minutes until it’s all crisp and golden and ready to serve.
What to eat with cheesy garlic bread
This delicious loaf of garlicy goodness makes a fantastic addition to almost any meal, from pizza or lasagne to a summer BBQ feast. You could even cook it on the BBQ grill – just add an extra layer of foil to keep it secure on the grill.
Or just make it to share with friends as a snack while watching the game or hanging out.