Make these tasty tacos for perfect summer vibes, featuring the freshness of lime and avocado with a crunchy slaw and juicy king prawns.
What will I need?
- 200g raw king prawns, peeled
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- Small handful of coriander
- ¼ head red cabbage
- 3 spring onions
- ½ carrot
- Dash of red wine vinegar
- 6 small soft white tortillas
- 1 tsp ancho chilli flakes
- 50g Anchor butter
Serves 2-3 people
How to make butter prawn chilli tacos
- Pat dry the king prawns on some kitchen roll then place them in a bowl.
- Season the prawns with salt and pepper, and sprinkle over the sweet smoked paprika, ground cumin, and the zest of a lime. Give everything a good mix and leave to marinate while you get on with other prep.
- Add the avocado flesh to a bowl and season with salt, then add the lime juice and half the coriander. Mash it all together with a fork until well combined.
- To make the slaw, start by finely slicing the red cabbage and spring onions.
- Use a vegetable peeler to make long, wide ribbons of carrot, then use a knife to cut these into thin strips.
- Mix up the cabbage, spring onions, and carrot with the remaining coriander in a bowl, and add a dash of red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the tortillas out on a clean tea towel and lightly sprinkle them with water. Wrap them up and microwave them for 1 minute.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium to high heat and add the ancho chilli flakes. Toast them for a minute before adding the butter.
- Once the butter is foaming, add the prawns and cook them for 1-2 minutes a side until opaque and fully cooked.
- To make your tacos, spread a little avocado over each tortilla, then top with a little slaw and 3-4 prawns.
What to serve with butter prawn chilli tacos
These tasty tortilla tacos are fantastic with all sorts of dishes, and generally suit a bright, summery vibe. You could do a crunchy salad on the side, or a potato salad for that picnic / BBQ feel. Some grilled corn on the cob with our Cheeky Cajun Butter recipe would go down a treat.