Start your day off sweet – or prepare the ultimate snack – with our delicious butter, sugar and cinnamon muffins recipe.
Who says you can’t have dessert for breakfast?
Perfect for a taste-tingling Sunday brunch or an afternoon pick-me-up, this hack is quick, easy and oh-so sugary.
What’s not to love?
Sugar and cinnamon muffins – what will I need?
You’ll need just four ingredients for this inspired muffin-enhancing recipe.
What’s even better is that you may already have them in your kitchen cupboards.
- 2 English muffins
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 50g or 2 heaped tablespoons of Anchor butter or Anchor spreadable
How to make your muffins even more delicious
- Before you get started on your buttery, sugary, cinnamon muffins, pop the oven on and turn it up to 200°C/gas mark 6. You want to make sure it’s nice and toasty for the main event.
- Pour your sugar, cinnamon and creamy Anchor into a mixing bowl and – armed with a trusty wooden spoon – get mixing! Your classic English muffins won’t know what’s hit ‘em when they meet this cheeky, buttery concoction.
- Take your muffins and slice them in two circular halves with a bread knife. Then, using a butter knife, smother each muffin half in a thick layer of that naughty, delicious paste.
- Now it’s time to work some magic. Line a baking tray with a sheet of greaseproof paper and place your cinnamon and sugar muffins butter side up. Then slide this baking tray of dreams into the oven for five minutes, waiting for the sugar-butter mix to melt beautifully into the muffins.
Now it’s simply time to take a seat – and enjoy every last morsel of your delectable delights.
Want to go the extra mile? Add an additional layer of Anchor butter to your muffin halves, once they’re lifted warm from the oven.
If you’re an avid fan of this staple British breakfast-stuff and are looking for new, creative ways to enjoy your morning treat, look no further. Our tasty stud muffin recipe is buttery brilliance – with a great sugary payoff.