Once upon a time... you found a recipe for the best chocolate mud pies you’ll ever taste! Without being too ‘ogre’ the top, this easy recipe will leave your friends green with envy.
Are you ready to get your hands dirty with our scrumptiously-chocolate mud pie recipe? Have a donkey of a time watching your favourite ogre save the day while enjoying our Fairytale Mud Pies!
What will I need?
- 100g Anchor butter, melted
- 20 Oreos, centre removed & crushed
- 200g chocolate brownies, roughly crumbled
- 500g vanilla custard
- 75g dark chocolate
- 3 gelatine sheets/1 sachet
- To decorate (optional)
- Anchor squirty cream
- Dark chocolate grated
This will be enough to serves 12 pies
How to make Easy cheesy pizzas
- In a bowl, mix your melted Anchor butter with the crushed oreos.
- Pop 12 cupcake cases in a muffin tray. Divide the mixture between the cases and use the back of a spoon to push the 'soil' down flat. For the second chocolate layer, divide the crumbled brownie between the cupcake cases and again push down.
- Heat the custard in a pan, add your dark chocolate and stir until melted, creating pure chocolate heaven! Whiz off the heat and pop to one side.
- If using gelatine sheets, pop them into cold water for five mins, then remove and give a good old squeeze, then stir through the custard. If using a sachet, dissolve in 8 tsp hot water before adding to the custard.
- Divide the mixture between your cupcake cases and bang in the fridge for a few hours to set. Squirt some Anchor magic on top and let the chocolate sprinkles rain all over those mud pies!
- Show us your creations on Instagram – it’s @anchor_dairy with #MovieMatches!